The Research Center on Volcanic Soils (CISVo) and the Master Programme in Soil Sciences of the Universidad Austral de Chile, sponsored by the Chilean Society of Soil Science, extend the invitation to the 1st Encounter of Young Soil Science Researchers.
- Create an instance for scientific dialogue between young soil science researchers, on the new knowledge being achieved in these disciplines.
- Promoting the dialogue of young researchers with consolidated researchers in the area of Soil Science.
- Dr. hc. mult. Rainer Horn (Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Germany)
- Dr. hc. mult. Winfried Blum (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Austria)
Students signed up in the graduate programs (Master and PhD), postdocs, and graduate students of the last 5 years, are invited to submit abstracts (in English) on the following subjects:
1) Mineralogy, Formation and Classification of Soil
2) Quality and Functions of the Soil in the Ecosystem
3) Interactions Soil/Plant/Water, Soil/Plant/Animal
4) Soil Hydrology
5) Soil Pollution and Remediation
6) Biogeochemical Cycles in Agricultural and Forest Ecosystems
7) Interactions in the rhizosphere, Biology and Microbiology of Soil
8) Other related topics
Abstracts can be advanced work or under design process (thesis project). In both cases, the work must be submitted by young researchers.
The Scientific Committee will award the best works.